On 13 February 2019, radio broadcasters and their sales houses are celebrating World Radio Day, as declared by Unesco in November 2011, and inviting the industry to celebrate a medium that forms a key part of the lives of millions of people around the world.
Egta compiled facts and figures from around the world to showcase the strength and proliferation of radio and audio:
Why is 2019 definitely the year of audio?
- Radio reaches more than 70% of population on a daily basis across Europe;
- 86% of global consumers listen to music on the radio;
- Podcast listeners spend 1 hour and 55 minutes listening to podcasts daily;
- 60% of podcast listeners have bought something from a podcast ad;
- The number of smart speakers in US households grew by 78 per cent in one year.
Discover these and many more insights in the egta presentation, which is available on www.egtaradioday.com.
Egta is the European trade association for marketers of advertising solutions across (multiple) screens and/or audio platforms, with the aim to help its members protect, grow and diversify their business around content edited and broadcast on a linear basis by their TV channels and/or radio stations.