According to the latest Médiamétrie radio audience ratings, RTL Radio (France) had its best season in 10 years with a 13 per cent audience share, for the period September 2017 to July 2018. The Groupe M6 radio business (RTL Radio, Fun Radio and RTL2) also had its best season in 10 years.
Following three consecutive seasons of audience growth, RTL Radio (France) continued its rise, climbing another 0.5 points year-on-year. This is a record for audience share, which factors in the number of listeners and listening duration. This Médiamétrie survey shows that RTL Radio (France) is the leader in all categories and continues to dominate prime-time radio, the 07:00-09:30 slot throughout the entire season, with a 13.7 per cent audience share (up 0.5 points).
RTL Radio (France), undisputed leader for the entire season
- Number one in audience share, up 0.5 points (up 4 per cent) year-on-year, with 13 per cent, its highest in the last 10 seasons
- Number one in cumulative audience as a percentage, with 12 per cent (down 0.2 points)
- Number one in cumulative audience listener numbers, with 6,520,000 listeners per day on average
- Number one in listening duration, with 2 hours 26 minutes (up 7 minutes year-on-year)
- Number one in morning radio 07:00-09:30 – RTL Matin, Yves Calvi – with 13.7 per cent audience share (up 0.5 points)
2017-2018, a season of all-time audience share records for many RTL Radio (France) programmes
- Laissez-vous tenter (09:00-09:30 – Yves Calvi): 14.3 per cent
- Ça peut vous arriver (09:30-11:00 – Julien Courbet): 14.5 per cent
- Les Grosses Têtes (16:00-18:00 – Laurent Ruquier): 18.6 per cent
- RTL Soir (18:00-20:00 – Marc Olivier Fogiel): 11.4 per cent
- L’Heure du Crime (20:00-21:00 – Jacques Pradel): 7.6 per cent
- RTL Grand Soir (22:00-23:00 – Agnès Bonfillon and Christophe Pacaud): 6.2 per cent
Radio business in great shape
With a 19.7 per cent audience share, the RTL Radio in France (RTL Radio, Fun Radio, RTL2) reasserts its position as the leading privately owned radio group in France, a 10-year record.
RTL2 was up in all audience indicators year-on-year for the period April to June 2018:
- Cumulative audience: with 2,312,000 listeners in France tuning in every day, RTL2 is up 171,000 listeners compared to the end of the last season
- Audience share: with 3.1 points of audience share, RTL2 had its best end of season since 2011. With ratings up 0.6 points, it showed the strongest growth of all stations year-on-year.
- Listening duration: each listener spends 1 hours 36 minutes listening to RTL2, the highest level in seven years.
Audience share year-on-year: all shows performing well
- Le Double Expresso (06:00-09:00) up 37 per cent
- Le Son Pop-Rock (09:00-16:00) up 19 per cent
- Le #DriveRTL2 (16:00-19:00) up 13 per cent
- Le Son Pop-Rock (19:00-22:00) up 32 per cent
Audience share record in the 25 to 49 age group
Audience share up 24 per cent year-on-year for this key commercial target group.
Source : Médiamétrie