The Future of TV Advertising UK
The Future of TV Advertising UK fortnight considers what television offers, as an advertising medium, that is truly unique and which marketers cannot live without. Among other things, it considers the power of live TV and shared experiences – both subjects that have gained resonance since the coronavirus lockdowns. This event will explore how brands can ‘own the moment’ across different media, optimise multi-channel marketing and make creative work harder.
This digital event, taking place on Thursday 30 April 2020, is designed to help every media stakeholder continue with their transformation projects. Delegates and readers will hear from pioneers and thought leaders, providing an opportunity to share best practice and technology innovation during the lockdown.
- What content will deliver large multi-demographic audiences during the next two- years – what are the key commissioning trends, format developments, and consumer demands we need to understand?
- What influence are global SVODs and studio D2C services having on total investments in ‘original’ productions, where the best talent can be seen, and where the best content is distributed?
- What realistic, readily deployable tools or processes will help ad-supported media owners prove the total and incremental audiences they are delivering across all screens, looking ahead 12 months?
- Will the expected post-coronavirus recession reduce the ability of ad-funded media to invest in content, and so compete with global subscription streamers for eyeballs?
- What is the future of Saturday night, tentpole family entertainment and non-sports content that delivers large crowds and shared experiences – are we still nurturing ‘the power of now’?
- Should advertisers care where viewers ‘find’ ad-supported content, whether linear or on-demand, streamed or broadcast, via connected TVs or smartphones?
Will more streaming mean a more diverse distribution landscape for ad-supported television; How widely will viewers share their time – should we expect even more audience fragmentation?
// Speakers //
- James Cornish, VP, International Sales, Vevo
- Neil Mortensen, Director of Audiences, ITV
- Stéphane Coruble, Managing Director, RTL AdConnect
Moderator: Guy Bisson, Research Director, Ampere Analysis